Are you tired of reading about other people’s adventures and ready to start living your own? This month I am running an experiment by publishing a Life List that is meant for people who are just getting started with their own bucket list goals. Each item on this list is meant to be fun, free and something that you can complete locally.
If you are intrigued by the Life List lifestyle, this is your chance to try out the process without having to fully commit (or tattoo!) yourself. Find a friend, set aside some time and use this an excuse to go adventuring. If you get a good story out of completing any of these items, come back to this post and feel free to share your experiences with the community.
If the feedback from this experiment is good, I’ll continue creating new lists every month.
Monthly Life List: March 2014
The following is a life list that is meant to be fun, free and something that you can do locally. The only guideline is you should aim to finish as many items as possible by April 6th 2014.
- Cancel a reoccurring bill
- Meditate for 10 minutes
- Write a poem about a stranger
- Go to a park or wilderness area that you have never visited before
- Write a haiku for a friend
- Borrow a physical book from a library or friend
- Contribute to a wikipedia article
- Write 1,000 words to your future self
- Donate an item to charity
- Eat a childhood meal with a friend
- Smile at a stranger until they smile back at you
- Teach someone a new skill
- Send a nice and unexpected email
- Look for old friends on Facebook
No Life List would be complete without a deadline. This monthly life list’s deadline is:
April 6th 2014
Would you Like to see More of These?
This first list is an experiment. If you would like to see more of these in the future, please let me know in the comments below!