A Funny Thing Happens When You Give Your Bucket List A Deadline
Once you start making the completion of your goals the purpose of your life, your focus and lifestyle get dramatically better! My name is Danny Dover and in 2010 I made the purpose of my life to complete my 150+ item Life List by May 25th 2017. Once I started the journey, my ability to complete truly important things sky rocketed!
Averages Since Starting Life List
Miles Travelled Per Month
Life Goals Completed Per Month
Books Read Per Month
Tasks Completed Per Month
What is Life Listed?
Life Listed is a blog and community that freely shares strategies and actionable guides on how to complete a Life List, a self-composed list of personal goals with a self-imposed deadline. Many people have unwritten or written life goals but are held back by either a lack of time or a lack of money. The Life Listed community specializes in finding and sharing techniques and hacks for overcoming these daily restrictions. All of the writing on Life Listed is presented freely with no outside advertising. If you’d like to support the project, pass it on to someone who might be interested.
How Do I Contact Danny Dover?
Please feel free to contact me at any of the accounts listed below.
Danny Dover is a passionate SEO, influential writer and obsessed Life List completer. He is the author of the best selling book Search Engine Optimization Secrets and was the co-founder of Making it Click, an online education portal. Before starting his own company, Danny was the Senior SEO Manager at AT&T and the Lead SEO at SEOmoz.org (now Moz.com).
During Danny’s tenure at AT&T, he increased SEO traffic by 92% for one of the company’s primary web properties (YellowPages.com) and created business partnerships that brought in hundreds of thousands of dollars a month. As Lead SEO at SEOmoz, he helped create a platform (mozscape) that is used today to crawl and download the entire Internet. During the same time, he produced videos and articles that were read and watched more than a million times.
Danny’s expertise has been cited in Time Magazine, NPR, NBC, PC World and has been translated into over 10 languages. He has spoken at Yale, the University of Washington and numerous conferences around the world. According to analytics data, Danny’s written work has been accessed in almost every country in the world.
Danny spends his time checking items off his 150+ item bucket list (more than 95% of which is now complete) and working to become a better storyteller.
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Los Angeles, USA
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Cities That Danny Has Lived In For 3 Months Or Longer
- The first time I ever said a word, I spoke an entire sentence. I said, “Shut Up, Baby” to my little sister who woke up before me in the crib next to mine.
- I once ate ice cream every day for 500 days in a row. I am now lactose intolerant.
- I was on my own final exam in college when my professor used a blog post I had written (he didn’t realize I was in the class). I got the question wrong because I answered, “The author of this doesn’t know what he is talking about but is likely mildly attractive.” The professor didn’t appreciate the joke.
- I was a crew member on a ship in the Caribbean. At one point, I visited an abandoned Disney resort where I almost accidentally burnt down the island. Life lesson, abandoned hotels are very flammable.
- Every year I try to do one good act of revenge. My favorite one was completely filling a friend’s room with packing peanuts. I spent a year secretly collecting packing peanuts before filling the room all the way to the ceiling. My friends don’t play pranks on me anymore.
- I once toured around Mexico for about a month with a band called Del La Vega. I am in their least popular music video.
- One time I ate three full sized cherry pies in three minutes to become the pie eating champion of Sammamish, WA. It was awesome.
- I have flown 983,476 miles (The equivalent of circumnavigating the globe 39.5 times)
- I have spent 769 days actively traveling (meaning, actually in transit)