This week’s video covers techniques for minimizing and eliminating e-mail.
Email Should Never Be Your #1 Priority!
- Email is a never-ending task
- Anyone in the world with Internet access can add to your to-do list
- Email inboxes are not prioritized lists
Add Prioritization to Chaos
- Use Sanebox! seriously, it is amazing!
- 1 “Act Now” Inbox
- 1 “Act on Later” Inbox (SaneLater)
Make Yourself Hard to Email
- Use as few email addresses as possible
- Forward all email to one place
- Relentlessly unsubscribe
Intentionally Be Slow on Email
- Train people that you are slow to respond to email
- Set Expectations on Response Time
- Calls (1 hr)
- Texts (2 hr)
- Emails (1 day)
- Check email a max of 2x times a day (preferably just once!)
Would you like to learn more about Minimalism? I wrote an entire book on the subject! Feel free to learn more about it by clicking here. :-)