This week’s video covers techniques for flying through airport security.
Airport Security Tips
- Your priority should be to go as fast as humanly possible. Let the security officers worry about everything else.
- If at all possible, avoid the standard line. The following sections explain how to do this.
Skipping The Standard Line
- Get airline status or use points to get business or first class tickets. This will give you access to expedited security.
- I couldn’t find any good videos on getting started with airline programs, does anyone know of a good resource?
American Fast Pass Services
- TSA Pre
- Official Clear Website
- The Points Guy Discount
- TripIt Discount
- Clear is a good resource only if you happen to travel frequently out of an airport that has this service.
Pro Tips For Going Through Airport Security
- Think about airport security while you are packing and appropriately compartmentalize your carry-on luggage.
- Consider wearing a plastic belt
- Pack a travel friendly empty water bottle
- Take everything out of your pockets before getting to security and put them in your carry-on luggage